This post is really random.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

This week has been a crazy busy one with 3 big exams and a number of assignments due, too. Yesterday was exam #2 — our Medical Nutrition Therapy closed book exam. Thursday is our open book exam, which will involve performing all sorts of complicated calculations to determine the nutrition needed in a tube feeding or IV feeding for fictional patients. It’s hard stuff, but actually a fascinating class. I’m learning so much.

Yesterday was also supposed to be “Track Tuesday” for my half marathon training, but instead I ended up here:

Dun dun dunnnn… the treadmill, my arch nemesis.

My track workout buddy Genna wasn’t able to meet yesterday a.m. and I decided it would be better to spend the morning doing last minute studying (the exam was at 9:30 and I hadn’t had much time to study all that well since we had our Biochem exam on Monday), so instead, I hit up the treadmill after class. Normally I would run outside, but it was grossly humid and alternating between scorching sunshine and ominous looking clouds, so indoors it was.

I seriously don’t think I’ve run on the treadmill in like a year, but thanks to some good TV (“What Not to Wear” was on… yesss), I was able to make it to 3.3 miles before calling it quits. I walked some but ran most of it, alternating between 6.5, 7.0, and 7.5 mph.

I was proud of myself for not just blowing off the workout! I have trouble motivating myself to work out (especially if it’s running) when I don’t go in the early a.m.

Are you a treadmill fan? I will usually avoid the treadmill at absolutely all costs. I can’t help but stare at the seconds tick by and every time I think it’s been a whole mile I’ll look down and it’s been like 0.1. Torture! For me, running is enjoyable because I’m able to be outside enjoying the fresh air and scenery — and hopefully, chatting with a running buddy. But yesterday, the treadmill got the job done.

Once home, I enjoyed lunch!

The last serving of my “Cheesy” Vegan Mushroom Quinoa…

Plus a big spinach, chopped romaine, goat cheese, and beet salad. LOVE.

Very satisfying lunch. Unpictured orange for dessert!

The rest of the day was crazy productive. After lunch, I met grad school friends Elle and Libby at Foster’s Market for a few hours of quality homework time (because doing homework is way more fun if you have company), and managed to bang out one assignment and half of another. I then headed to a group project meeting for another class, got a good amount done there, and came home to eat a quick dinner and then finish the rest of the assignment I started in the afternoon. Bam. This is pretty much how my weekdays usually go so I can enjoy myself on the weekends. 🙂

Doesn’t that look fascinating? I know you’re jealous.

One of the assignments I completed was for our Introduction to the U.S. Health Services System course, which is an online class. The material is pretty dry but it’s actually been interesting to learn more about the U.S. healthcare system since I basically knew nothing before. That said, so far what I’ve learned can be summed up with the following sentence: Our healthcare system is a hot mess.

And with that, I’m off to another busy day — happy Wednesday, friends!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *